Lead

President Tinubu reverses NTA appointments, reinstates Salihu Dembos as DG

President Bola Tinubu has reversed the fresh appointments made in the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), directing the recall of Salihu Abdullahi Dembos as Director-General and Ayo Adewuyi as Executive Director of News.
The decision was announced by Presidential spokesman Bayo Onanuga in a statement on Tuesday.
President Tinubu, had on August 20, appointed a new management team for NTA, including Rotimi Pedro as Director-General, Stella Din as Executive Director of News, Karimah Bello as Executive Director of Marketing, and Sophia Mohammed as Managing Director of NTA Enterprises Limited.
However, the President has now reversed these appointments.
Onanuga said Dembos, who was appointed in October 2023, would now return to complete his three-year tenure.
Onanuga said Adewuyi would also return as executive director of news to complete his three-year tenure.
“Dembos was appointed DG of the TV network by President Tinubu in October 2023. He will now return to complete his three-year tenure,” the statement reads.“
The President similarly directed the recall of Mr Ayo Adewuyi, the Executive Director of News, to complete his three-year tenure, which ends in 2027.
Adewuyi was appointed by President Tinubu in 2024.
“The new directive effectively reversed the previously announced appointments of a director-general, executive director of news, executive director of marketing, and managing director of NTA Enterprises.”
This is not the first time that the Tinubu-led administration would reverse itself on appointments.
In August, Tinubu relieved Muheeba Dankaka of her role as executive chairman of the Federal Character Commission (FCC), hours after her reappointment for a second five-year term was announced by the presidency.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button