Metro

4 abducted in fresh Kwara attack

Suspected bandits have abducted four residents of Kakafu community in Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara State, deepening security concerns across the region.

The attack reportedly occurred around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, when gunmen stormed the quiet settlement, firing sporadically to instill fear among villagers.

Witnesses said the assailants seized a man, a woman and her two daughters before fleeing to an unknown destination without facing resistance.

A community source disclosed that no fatalities were recorded, but residents were left traumatised by the gunshots and sudden invasion.

A local forest guard, who requested anonymity, said panic persists as villagers fear the attackers may be hiding in surrounding bushes.

The spokesperson of the state police command, Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, said she was yet to receive an official report but promised to provide updates.

The latest incident followed a string of violent attacks across Kwara, including a deadly assault in Kaiama earlier this month that left scores dead.

Security analysts warned that armed groups may be advancing along the Niger-Kwara corridor toward the Kainji forest, raising fears of a broader security crisis.

President Bola Tinubu has pledged enhanced military operations to protect vulnerable communities and curb the rising wave of abductions.

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button