Cubana chief priest reaffirms loyalty to APC

Celebrity businessman and socialite, Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has reaffirmed his commitment to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Bola Tinubu following the party’s House of Representatives primaries in Imo State.
Cubana Chief Priest, who had earlier expressed interest in contesting for the APC ticket for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency ahead of the 2027 general elections, said his loyalty to the ruling party and the President remained “absolute and unwavering.”
In a series of posts shared on his official Instagram page on Sunday, the socialite pledged continued support for President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope agenda and dismissed rumours suggesting he had fallen out with the party after the primaries.
“For the record, my commitment to the re-election of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2027 remains absolute and unwavering.
“I will continue vigorously with our advocacy and mobilisation efforts for the success of the Renewed Hope agenda.
”The APC remains my party, today and always, ” he wrote.
The businessman explained that he eventually withdrew from the contest after consultations with Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, and other APC stakeholders in the state.
According to him, the governor informed him about the party’s zoning arrangement within the federal constituency, which favours Orlu Local Government Area retaining the seat for at least two terms before it rotates to another council area.
Cubana Chief Priest said he respected the decision of the party leadership and chose not to participate in the primary election in order to maintain party unity and discipline.
He noted that Governor Uzodimma reminded him that his local government area had previously produced a federal lawmaker who served three terms in the House of Representatives.
“As a loyal party man and committed progressive, I respected the position of the party and decided not to proceed to the field,” he stated.
He added that contrary to reports circulating on social media, he did not contest in the primary election and therefore could not have scored the 14 votes allegedly attributed to him.
“Nobody saw me anywhere near the venue of the primaries because I did not participate. I returned to Lagos immediately,” he said.
The socialite maintained that he had no regrets about showing interest in the race, stressing that his involvement helped to increase political awareness and engagement within the constituency.
According to him, his ambition was motivated by concerns that the current representation of the constituency was not meeting the expectations of the people.
Following the development, Seyi Tinubu, son of President Bola Tinubu, publicly encouraged Cubana Chief Priest through an Instagram message, urging him to remain focused despite the setback.
“Sometimes by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war. Keep your head up,” Seyi Tinubu wrote.
Cubana Chief Priest is widely known as one of the prominent supporters of the Tinubu administration and currently serves as the Imo State Coordinator of the City Boy Movement, a political support group backing the President.



